Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keezer/Freezer/Kegerator Inside Dimension Database

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Keezer/Freezer/Kegerator Inside Dimension Database

When I was looking for a chest freezer for my keezer build, I had the same questions as everyone else: "How many kegs can I fit in there?". While the The "Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs" was greatly helpful, it didn't answer the question, because a lot of posts reply "I've got 4 corny's and a carboy in mine". The problem was, I wanted 2 carboys and 2 corny's in mine. What I really needed was a list of inside dimensions for freezers I can find in my area, to get one that fits my needs. That, unfortunately, is almost impossible to find!
So I propose a solution:
I created a "Keezer and Kegerator Database"
(Ok, so right now it's only keezers, but I'm workin on it!) It currently contains all inside dimensions I could find on this site, as well as measurements of freezers at my house.

I ask 3 things from the forum!
1) In the interest of helping out the future keezer/kegerator builders out there, please post the make, model number, and inside dimensions of any chest freezer you can get your hands on!
2) Let me know if I'm missing any critical information that would help one in sizing a freezer for their needs.
3) And finally, can someone help me post the HTML table directly to the forum so I don't have to cross-link Google? PM me for my real email, and we can discuss if it's even possible. I have the code, but my forum foo is weak!

Hopefully this will help the next guy purchase the right freezer the first time, for their keezer build!

Reference this diagram when posting dimensions:

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
SweetSounds
Recipes 

Place holder for in-thread table - Someday - When my foo is stronger...

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Old 02-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
SweetSounds
Recipes 

Kegerator version would have dimensions, CO2 location, number of kegs, and required heavy mods.

Like:
Frigidaire FRC445GB - Co2 on step - 2 cornys - (Inside dimensions here) - Relocate thermostat - Door stays intact

Or:
GE WMR04GAVBB - Co2 on step - 2 cornys - (Inside dimensions here) - Relocate thermostat - Strip inner door panel

Old 02-11-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
BSBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think this is a great idea - I jumped the gun and ordered the HD 7.0 cu ft GE and then thought twice about it, called the store and had them get an interior dimension and had to cancel because it wasn't wide enough for me (I want to be able to hold a regular commercial keg if I dont have homebrew on tap) - the GE for 1/2 reference is only 15" interior front to back.

I picked up a 7-7.2 Frigidaire off CL - the older version of the current model (723DW) - the interior front to back is 16 1/3" - will gladly get the other dimensions for anyone that would like them.

On the journey from home brewing to brewery...follow our progress below:

BoleroSnort.com|Twitter|Facebook

Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #5
Guntr
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Love this idea!

Suggestion, is dimension D necessary if you know F and A? Same goes for C, E, and G? I just think that reducing the number of dimensions required will make it simpler for everyone. How about a small printable version to keep in our wallets to fill in when we're browsing through HD or Sears with the SWMBO?

Planning: Portable Kegerator?
Primary 1: Air :(
Primary 2: Air :(
Keg 1: IPA
Keg 2: Lager
Keg 3: CO2
Keg 4: StarSan
Glass: Half Full :)

Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
SweetSounds
Recipes 

BSBrewer:
Yes, I'd love to add the full inside dimensions of your Frigidaire. Please post them!

Guntr:
You're right, we can extrapolate some of the dimensions from the others. They are included in the table just to be thorough. Like the "H" measurement that only applies to freezers with a 1/2 step.
Wallet size would be a little tough, as I hope this turns into quite a long list! It would be great to get everyone with a keezer to add their dimensions to this thread, until we have inside dimensions of just about any freezer one might run across on Craigslist.

To add a measurement, I'll need (At the least) A, B, C, D or F, and E or G, along with the make and model number.

If you have a keezer, please help a brewer out! Post inside dimensions here!

Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
BSBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Will get full dimensions up for mine either tonight after work or tomorrow (since I'm off - and should be getting the collar on mine).

On the journey from home brewing to brewery...follow our progress below:

BoleroSnort.com|Twitter|Facebook

Old 02-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3253 Times on 3153 Posts
Likes Given: 20

GE 5.0 cf chest freezer interior dimensions-
A- 23"
B- 15 1/4"
C- 27"
D- 15 1/2"
G- 17 1/2"

Old 02-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
SweetSounds
Recipes 

Thanks JuanMoore
Questions:
What is the actual model number?
How many corny's fit on the floor?
How many corny's fit if you add a collar?
Is the compressor hump on the right or left side of the freezer?

Thanks

Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Scimmia
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Question, how are you dealing with the situation where "H" is a radius? Most of the freezers with just a corner for the compressor aren't squared off. If mine was, I don't think I could get a fourth keg in it.

Tags
dimensions, inside dimensions, keezer, kegs

Quick Reply