New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Keeping Keg outside of a fridge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Boston85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Keeping Keg outside of a fridge

So I purchased 2- 5 gallon corny kegs, but do not yet have a fridge to keep them in with beer.... I do however have a back enclosed indoor porch which probably has a max temp of 45-50 degrees this time of year (Winter in New England), but most of the time I would venture that it is in the low to mid 30s in there...

Is there any risk with putting an IPA that is just about ready to be bottled/kegged in the keg and keeping it on this porch? I would rather keep it in the fridge, but there is just no room. I just want to make sure that temperatures around 40 degrees or so are fine to keep it in. Do you think there will be any issues with that?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Lodovico
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Should be totally fine. Most fridges are from 38-42 degrees so you'll be fine. Just make sure it doesn't get a lot colder and freeze. Good way to cold crash it before you put it in the fridge to serve.

On Draft: Mild
On Draft: IPA
On Draft: Belgian Pale Ale
In Bottle: Brett Porter
In Bottle: Flanders Red
In Bottle: Oud Bruin
Fermentor: Biere De Garde
Fermentor: Belgian Amber Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply