Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Intersting Carbonation Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #1
clayof2day
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Intersting Carbonation Question

Hey all,

I took half a batch to a party for a friend this weekend. It went 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, and as of last weekend it was 2 weeks bottle conditioning. The beers were great at the party, good carbonation, great head retention and lace in the glass. I came home and thought, allright, I'll put some more in the fridge. Well today I cracked one and it was totally flat.

Do you all think the car ride maybe jostled some yeast to get the carbonation going?

If this is true, what do you think I should do to get the batch at home going?

Granted today was only one of half the batch at home, but I was curious what you all thought.
t
Matt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

Could just be a bad cap. Were the bottles you took to the party chilled as well? What seems to be enough carbonation at 55F can be flat from the fridge. I have this problem every time I swap the soda water kegs. I pre-carbonate at room temperature, but once in the fridge it takes a day for the pressure to come back up.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-01-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
clayof2day

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

They were all chilled. It very well could have been a bad cap, I guess I'll let you guys know what happens when I open another one or two

Quick Reply