Ikea has some great swing top bottles right now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CROM

Reaction score
Just a heads up, Ikea has these 1 litre swing top lid bottles now. I bought 5 and regret not buying more... blank bottles, no ingravement

here in Toronto ontario canada, they were 2 bucks each... more than likely they are cheaper in the states

If they're the same bottles that IKEA stock in Ireland, they're not strong enough for carbonation.

never had a problem with the ones I have may be different than the ones that are sold where you are . These are fairly thick glass I would say thicker than the average 22 oz beer bottle .

I have about 20 of them for bottling various ciders and wines with. I love them to death and pick a few more up every time I'm at IKEA. I have heard mixed reviews about carbonation though. I have always used mine still but am thinking of carbing a bottle or two this next batch.

the glass seems pretty thick to me, like equal or greater than a normal beer bottle at least...

Latest posts

Back