Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #101
jmaccool
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Temp Gaugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsherm007 View Post
thanks jmaccool for the direction on the screw, I will do about 7 revolutions the other way to undo my warming then and be ~3 revs to the cooler side.

Is anyone not happy with the Sankey valve that comes with this unit? I've read this can be a foam issue too. I dialed my PSI back to 6 per the local brew store employee and after a pitcher or two I'm about 40% foam so I'm a lil happier after that adjustment.
I would still recommend moving the temp gauge, it takes seconds just be careful when handling it, you do not want to crack it. There are two or three screws and the gauge is mounted using a plastic clip device, very easy to remove. If you do that you will not have to decrease the temp contol device, may even have to turn it down a bit. JMHO!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #102
Dan2539
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccool

I would still recommend moving the temp gauge, it takes seconds just be careful when handling it, you do not want to crack it. There are two or three screws and the gauge is mounted using a plastic clip device, very easy to remove. If you do that you will not have to decrease the temp contol device, may even have to turn it down a bit. JMHO!
So I loosened the screws on the chill plate and tried to pop the temp probe off the back. Is it glued or taped into place some way? I'm having a bit of a hard time moving it and I can really see what the problem is. I don't want to move the plate anymore and risk kinking the coolant line.
A word of warning though, unlike Star-San or Idophor, Dijon Mustard is NOT a no-rinse sanitizer. I learned this the hard way, though I have to say the resulting Mustard Porter was pretty snappy. The hops juxtaposed against the horseradish was very nice, though possibly a touch out of the style guidelines.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #103
jmaccool
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2539 View Post
So I loosened the screws on the chill plate and tried to pop the temp probe off the back. Is it glued or taped into place some way? I'm having a bit of a hard time moving it and I can really see what the problem is. I don't want to move the plate anymore and risk kinking the coolant line.
We have the same fridge, so the probe should be held in the same manner as mine. It is held in place by a plastic clip with 4 clip teeth that are fairly small and innocuous right near one of the screws holes. Just get a small screw driver and push the clips through the clip opening and the probe come right out.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #104
Dan2539
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaccool

We have the same fridge, so the probe should be held in the same manner as mine. It is held in place by a plastic clip with 4 clip teeth that are fairly small and innocuous right near one of the screws holes. Just get a small screw driver and push the clips through the clip opening and the probe come right out.
Hmm I undid those clips but it seems like its also taped or something. I might just run a Johnson controller on this, my problem is that it's constantly staying at sub forties regardless of the thermostat setting.
A word of warning though, unlike Star-San or Idophor, Dijon Mustard is NOT a no-rinse sanitizer. I learned this the hard way, though I have to say the resulting Mustard Porter was pretty snappy. The hops juxtaposed against the horseradish was very nice, though possibly a touch out of the style guidelines.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #105
jmaccool
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2539 View Post
Hmm I undid those clips but it seems like its also taped or something. I might just run a Johnson controller on this, my problem is that it's constantly staying at sub forties regardless of the thermostat setting.
It is staying at that temp because it thinks it is as cold as the cooling plate. The cooling plate is not a cooling plate, it is the freezer basket that comes in so many of the mini-fridges out there. This one just so happened to be done by pros so it looks like it was meant to be something else. I promise you that is the cheesy "U" shaped mini freezer that is in almost every mini-fridge. The thermometer is behind that and the freezer is much colder than the ambient temp of the fridge so the fridge thinks it is cold when it is not. I promise that the temp gauge line will come out and you will not damage anything. Just be gentle but obstinate. The place it wherever you want. I gentle wrapped it around my copper cooling pipe for the beer line, figured if it was touching that it would have a fairly good reading.

John M.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #106
jmaccool
Recipes 

Default Temp

If you want it warmer then you will have to go into the thermostat housing and adjust the screw. Just back out the three screws, pull the dial out, look for the one screw and turn it righty-tighty. Do not go more than on wrist movement or one full turn of the screw. The screw even has a very small pick of a smaller to larger crescent design showing the cooling factor. Like an old school RPM gauge, starts at a point then it widens. This will increase the temp for sure.

John M.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #107
opus345
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Back in stock online.

Mead: Capsicumel, Strawberry, Jalapeno, Triple Berry, Blueberry, JOAM (2g), Apfelwein (20g),
On Deck:

Sleepycat Brewery

Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #108
Woz
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm confounded by this thing. Where is the set screw? This is my first keg system and I cannot figure this out.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #109
jmaccool
Recipes 

Default Temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz View Post
I'm confounded by this thing. Where is the set screw? This is my first keg system and I cannot figure this out.
You have to unscrew the temp control box from the fridge by removing the 3 screws and then pull the temp dial out (the temp dial just pulls out. At that point carefully examine the device and you will see a screw, unplug the fridge before you do this or be very careful of the electrical leads a you examine the device. If you turn the screw clockwise or tighten it the fridge will get warmer, counter clockwise or loosen and it will get colder. I left my temp regulator dangling until I got the temp to where I desired.

John M.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #110
Woz
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks John!

Has anyone added another faucet to this tower?

Quick Reply