Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
jkovac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Igloo Kegerator at Walmart - $369

Does anyone know about this unit? I can't find any posts related to it.

Walmart.com: Igloo 6.0-Cubic Foot Kegerator Beer Dispenser / Refrigerator: Appliances

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #2
JoshuaW
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Im bumping this, just in case anyone has seen it. I noticed it when I was looking on WalMart's website for something else the other day, even at $390 it isnt bad. If anyone has some info, please share! Also, check your local location and see if a store has one near you. I tried several cities, and not one came up, so Im not sure they would be in store, but I am really curious how many cornys could be crammed in there at 6cu feet. If I decide to buy one with my tax return, I will report back.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 43

if they are n ot in stock do the site to store it is free delivery that way.

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
saleen796
Recipes 

I can't seem to find any reviews on this either. I think I'm going to buy it today though.. so I'll post my findings. I think the Igloo unit will work out better than the other prevelelant unit in the under $400 market, the Nostalgia Electrics Kegerator Beer Fridge and Dispenser, Black, KRS-2100 or 2150.
From what I can tell there were numerous complaints in reviews from consumers regarding the single pressure gauge set up Nostalgia had with its unit. Igloo is using a dual gauge unit.
I'll give it a shot and let you guys know how it goes.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 433 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Well it should be interesting to see what the inside looks like. I know my 1/2 barrel kegerator wasn't too hard to convert to a 3-tap tower with cornies squeezed in.

Regarding single/dual pressure gauge...I will be honest I pretty much never look at the tank pressure gauge. I find it completely useless.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
saleen796
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
Well it should be interesting to see what the inside looks like. I know my 1/2 barrel kegerator wasn't too hard to convert to a 3-tap tower with cornies squeezed in.

Regarding single/dual pressure gauge...I will be honest I pretty much never look at the tank pressure gauge. I find it completely useless.
yeah that was the problem w/ the nostalgia unit.. it was ONLY the tank pressure wtf...

Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
badbrew
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

There is one at my local home depot in the $300 something range.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Henry22
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Also interested in this. This seems like the best value at 6 cubic feet for 379 shipped for free to your local Walmart.

The 5.2 or 5.6 Danby is more expensive but specifically lists being able to hold 1/2 bbl kegs while the igloo doesn't. Surely at 6 ft^3 you would be able to. Also do you think you could fit 3 corny kegs in there? Thinking 2 for home brew and 1 for something commercial.

One last question, would it be very hard to convert this to a two or three tap tower?

Primary: Empty, soon to be Citra IPA
Drinking: Westbrook One Claw Rye PA and IPA, Anderson Valley Hop Ottin'

Old 01-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #9
Brewnoob1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I don't have the unit, but I'd think that since the single tower is already there, converting to a 2 or 3 faucet tower would require just buying a new tower and swapping it out. But, maybe I'm over simplifying it.

Keg #1: Empty :(
Keg #2: Empty :(
Kegs 3-5: Empty :(

Ferment #1: Empty :(
Ferment #2: Empty :(
Ferment #3: Empty :(

On Deck: Something....Anything!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
JoshuaW
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbrew View Post
There is one at my local home depot in the $300 something range.
Could you make some cutouts like these and check out how many might fit? I would be willing to make the jump if I know it can fit 3 or four. Also note if there is a compressor hump, and if so, how high it is? This unit is supposed to come with a smaller tank (2.5lbs?) so I want to make sure we can still fit a 5lb in there. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry22 View Post
Also interested in this. This seems like the best value at 6 cubic feet for 379 shipped for free to your local Walmart.

The 5.2 or 5.6 Danby is more expensive but specifically lists being able to hold 1/2 bbl kegs while the igloo doesn't. Surely at 6 ft^3 you would be able to. Also do you think you could fit 3 corny kegs in there? Thinking 2 for home brew and 1 for something commercial.

One last question, would it be very hard to convert this to a two or three tap tower?
Converting the tower should be easy, if the in place hole is already large enough, it is a simple swap (well, should be) if not, a little drilling may be required. The biggest issue now is finding out how many cornys we can fit in. I think three should fine, given the size, and there is slim chance that we might be able to get away with 4 or 3 and a 3 gallon, with the gas outside.

Pardon my lack of knowlege, but is there a difference between 1/2 and 1/2 bbl? The Igloo claims it can fit a 1/2, and at 6 cubic feet, it should!

Im excited about this, I have the "Go Ahead" from SWMBO on this unit (matches the kitchen ). If it can fit three, Im going to dive in within the next week or so (when my bonus rolls in)

Quick Reply