Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > I think I need
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,990
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default I think I need

To build a brew shed . garage is filling up fast with brewing stuff... 6 of the 7 cornelius kegs I just bought. I removed the rubber cap and it looks like they just put some epoxy on it to seal the original taps. I am going to take the sanke tap out and clean them this weekend.


And just a shameless picture of the red ale I bottled

sanke.jpg   sanke1.jpg   cheers.jpg  
__________________

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan


springer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
conpewter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Dundee, Illinois
Posts: 5,133
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

If you are turning these back into regular cornie kegs it might be better to try and sell the ones you have and buy regular cornies. I've seen a lot of people looking for cornies switched to a sanke tap and you might get more for them than a regular cornie.

__________________
conpewter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,990
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter
If you are turning these back into regular cornie kegs it might be better to try and sell the ones you have and buy regular cornies. I've seen a lot of people looking for cornies switched to a sanke tap and you might get more for them than a regular cornie.
I am going to use them as is. I wanted the Sanke taps so it will a very portable set up just need a picnic Tap .
__________________

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

springer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
conpewter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Dundee, Illinois
Posts: 5,133
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Ah ok I understand, I had thought you were going to re-convert them!

Having those will definitely be useful for taking over to a friends house or such.

What make is that twin crotch rocket in the background?

__________________
conpewter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #5
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,990
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter
Ah ok I understand, I had thought you were going to re-convert them!

Having those will definitely be useful for taking over to a friends house or such.

What make is that twin crotch rocket in the background?
Never had the Fatboy called a crotch rocket before. Its an 03 Harley Fatboy.
__________________

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

springer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
conpewter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Dundee, Illinois
Posts: 5,133
Liked 43 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Ah sweet, couldn't see where your pegs were but the seat looked tipped forward, I have not gotten into harleys yet, mostly 70's 80's yamaha or kawasaki

__________________
conpewter is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 03:15 AM   #7
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,782
Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default kegs I sold you

Glad to see they arrived ok in my makeshift boxes. I didn't know about that on the posts. sorry. They must have done that since they weren't using them. You won't need those posts if you're keeping them as is. That's prolly why they were plugged. I need to go check remaining 5 now. Sorry bout that. If i'd had known I woulda mentioned it.

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,990
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse
Glad to see they arrived ok in my makeshift boxes. I didn't know about that on the posts. sorry. They must have done that since they weren't using them. You won't need those posts if you're keeping them as is. That's prolly why they were plugged. I need to go check remaining 5 now. Sorry bout that. If i'd had known I woulda mentioned it.
Not a problem at all. I would rather have the Sanke Tap. The ports mean nothing I was just showing how they were converted
__________________

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

springer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,782
Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default

When you clean these you just fill with oxiclean, then starsan.
I did this with the ones I plan on using but since I can't see down into them I'm stil worried about pouring perfectly good beer into them incase they're not clean.

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
springer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
springer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wappingers falls NY
Posts: 4,990
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse
When you clean these you just fill with oxiclean, then starsan.
I did this with the ones I plan on using but since I can't see down into them I'm stil worried about pouring perfectly good beer into them incase they're not clean.
Know any mechanics? borescopes are a great tool I think HD has one for 199$ my son has one like this
borescope.jpg  
__________________

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

springer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools




Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS