I need a check valve...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiny_norman

Reaction score
So I've been having a persistent problem with an off flavor with the last few batches. Hard to describe and doesn't fit any of the usual suspects. I'm anal about cleaning and sanitizing and I have excellent temp control at all stages so it has to be an equipment issue. So far I've reviewed everything except for the CO2 side of things. When removing the gas pin connect I noticed that it had a small amount of sticky beer residue on the base so I'm starting to wonder if beer has been getting into the CO2 hose and regulator.

I'm going to replace the hose and pin lock connector and disassemble the regulator and clean and sanitize. I've ordered a carbon filter (probably a waste of money but I'm almost at my wit's end) and obviously I need a check valve.

Can anyone recommend a check valve and vendor? Ideally it would connect directly to the pin lock connector at the keg side.

Latest posts

Back