Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > I force carbed, but bottled 2 gallons to fast...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
Chello
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default I force carbed, but bottled 2 gallons to fast...

So i have a case of delicious oatmeal stout bottled that has but a mere hint of carbonation. I didn't let the co2 dissolve into the beer long enough before i bottled half...

I used my homemade beer gun that has never failed me before so there no issue there. Just rushed things, thats all.

What would you do? Empty the case of brew into a keg and force carb? or should i go with the carb tabs and kick it old school...?

"Retail is for suckers."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
newell456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

During one drunken bottling session, I managed to bottle over half of a five gallon batch before I realized that I forgot to add priming sugar. I was afraid the brew would get aerated if I emptied the bottles, but it turned out fine. To keep from aerating the beer, I sanitized a smaller pail, then slowly poured bottle by bottle into the pail, tilting the pail so the beer poured on the side without splashing. I then emptied the pail slowly into the bottling bucket as needed (maybe twice), trying to minimize splashing. I had one from that batch just last weekend, thought it was great, and had completely forgotten my error until I saw your post. In other words, there was no noticeable difference, although I recomend avoiding things like this if you can. If you take precautions, you'll be fine, and it will be a lot better than flat beer. I'm glad I keg now, though. I just tapped my first homebrewed keg last night, and that is a lot better!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply