How many Kegs do you have

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dpostman

Reaction score
I was wondering, how many Functional kegs do you keep. I don't mean full ones, but total kegs (Cornies)

I'm getting this whole lot next week
Including:
4.5 Cubic Ft 2 year old Kegorator fridge, (Will hold 2 Corny kegs and a 5lb CO2)
Top mounted Dual Beer tap Tower (On Fridge)
1 5lb CO2 and 1 20LB CO2 tanks (Both Full and valid certification)
1 dual gauge Regulator
1 Dual Output 3 gauge Regulator (for 2 beer types and 2 different CO2 Levels)
Lots of piping and fittings
8 corny Kegs
All this for $350.

I have enough beer in primaries right now to fill 6 of the cornies in a few weeks, that leaves me with 2.

Thanks in advance
dp

A few full ones.

KeezerIsFull.jpg

And a few empties.

two for now two more on the way. Just getting started and I already hate bottling!

Ohh and EdWort is my hero!

I've got 6 now with only a 2 tap kegger but I'm always needing more kegs :D .....but the next thing I'll need to get is a chest freezer to keep all of the conditioning kegs in.

I have 8, but I also keep ~14 cases of bottles around as well. One day when I have a bigger place and can get a chest freezer to hold/condition many kegs at once, I would like to get at least 8 more and get rig of half my bottles.....

Right now I have twelve 5 gallon kegs and five 3 gallon kegs. Always on the look out for more. Actually just picked up four brand new ones off eBay last month...

I have 3, that's how many fit in my keezer, even though I only have a system to put two on tap.

10 and I am thinking about getting some more while I can still get em cheap.

2 in the kegerator (w/a 5# tank w/a splitter)
8 in the keezer (w/a 5# tank w/a splitter)
7 full ones next in line for the keezer...
5 empties...(and another 5# tank w/a splitter)
That makes 22 cornies...

Then there's 20+ carboys and 23+ cases of German 0,5 liter bottles...oh, and proably about 100+ bottles of assorted apfelwein and meads...

I have a 4-way manifold not in use yet...still need to build a collar for the keezer...

...and 6 batches in primaries and secondaries...they're mostly ready to keg/bottle. :D

I have four. I bought them all today, for $20 each (used, need to redo the seals) from a soda place between work and home. Now I need: Everything else. :drunk:

7. 1 is a pinlock I don't use. 1 is the old racetrack style that I don't use. The other five have never been full at the same time. But me and the SWMBO drink a lot.

I have seven, but I've found that used carboys are cheaper. I bulk condition in the carboys and fill cornies as needed. So far I've found that I've only ever filled four cornies at once and even that was a matter of convenience rather than need.

i have 11 ball lock kegs
and 3 pen lock but i have never used the pen lock ones
i need to see if i can just change the studs and turn them in to ball lock

I have 15. Two are dedicated to soda water, one online one carbonating. I tend to brew 3-4 batches in a month, then not brew for a while.

I have 5 and am in the process of assembling my 3 keg kegerator. 1 more keg would be plenty, that way I' could always keep a Line change on hand.

I have three. All currently empty. I would like have at least 10 for future plans, hopefully not all empty.

How many kegs does Fedex have of mine? 2. I just ordered my first 2, they come next week.

I've got about 24, but I have a line on some more that are very reasonable. Probably pick up at least another couple. I like to be able to have plenty brews in storage so that I never have to give in to my impatient nature!

12 - 3 gallon
24 - 5 gallon
3 - 10 gallon
11 - 15 gallon

They're all ball lock.

Don't ask, I have no idea why.

I have 4, I will get 2 more for a total of 6, that is plenty seeing as though it takes me a solid 6-8 weeks to kick a single keg.

Back