How long will uncarbed beer last in keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasert39

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Put two batched into corneys about two months ago, been a crazy few months at the house and never got to get them carbed...is it to late for them or is it worth trying to carb them up and seeing what I have?

They have been sealed in room temps for the whole time.

thanks in advance

I have uncarbed kegs that sit around for months waiting for a spot in the kegerator. It also depends a lot on the style of the beer, and obviously cooler is better. But there's no reason at all to think they might have gone bad in 2 months.
A buddy of mine left an uncarbed keg of barleywine in his garage for 2 years(winter temps average 35F, summer 100F), carbed it, bottled some and won a competition with it which led to a pro-brewing job.

I'd love to have that kind of time for keg conditioning for my beers. Bet you anything that those kegs will probably be some of your best batches ever. Carb them up and enjoy.

sounds like is at least worth a shot, thanks for the input.

beaksnbeer...no co2 at all, just went from primary to keg and are going to take the long way to tap, haha.

is it to late for them or is it worth trying to carb them up and seeing what I have?

as though your just going to throw them out without trying them:cross:

you should be fine, Its always a good idea to purge and put a blanket of CO2 on top of your beer once its in the keg(like the previous post alluded to), then you can let it sit and carb whenever your ready

as though your just going to throw them out without trying them:cross:

you should be fine, Its always a good idea to purge and put a blanket of CO2 on top of your beer once its in the keg(like the previous post alluded to), then you can let it sit and carb whenever your ready

Thanks for the advice, definitely do that for now on if a keg is going to sit around for a while.

I have a milk stout that I brewed in March sitting uncarbed and purged waiting for fall. To many summer brews on tap right now!

Back