Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Help Saving An Unorthodox Co2 Carbonation Method

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
hardrain
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help Saving An Unorthodox Co2 Carbonation Method

So my beer had been sitting at 20 psi at room temp (well, probably a little higher, closer to 70-73) for two full days. I didn't have a refrigeration method and we weren't in the middle of a snow storm, which is how I cooled the keg the last two times.

So, once I got it refrigerated, I dropped it down to 11 psi, and it's been sitting here for a full day.

The beer still tastes flat, although there is some head when I pour. Should I just let it sit for another 4-5 days at 11 psi? Or is it worth cranking it up again now that it's cold (43 degrees).

One sub question: the last two times when I've dropped from high carp (20-30 psi) to low carb (7-11 psi) the regulator has a couple minutes later dropped all the way down to zero. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 129 Posts

Sounds nominal. If you are in a hurry to drink it, then crank the pressure up.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
hardrain
Recipes 

Thanks. I was in a hurry last night but I've got time now. I just wasn't sure exactly what I had done, changing the temp and psi. Looking back at a chart that's posted in one of these threads, I probably should of had room-temp psi closer to 40.

Quick Reply