*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Help! CO2 leak troubleshooting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
Bonneville
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help! CO2 leak troubleshooting

Last weekend, I assembled my kegerator. My old set up was CO2 tank, single regulator, 1 keg, picnic tap. My new set up is CO2 tank, dual regulator, 2 kegs, SS tower with Perlicks (sweet!).

Unfortunately, I have a leak. I have sprayed Star San solution on every air connection (tank-regulator, regulator-airline, airline-connector, connector-keg) and also around the top of the keg. No bubbles anywhere. Ugh! Visually, there is nothing clearly amiss. Audibly, I cannot here a leak. The leak is fairly quick, draining a CO2 tank in under a week.

Ideas on how to proceed from here? It's killing me not to enjoy the new kegerator and the new recently kegged Golden Ale.

Thx.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Check with your local gas dealer. They make a leak detection compound that is a lot better than starsan for finding little leaks. You'll find it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply