Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Help with Beer (Liquid Out) disconnect on Corny Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #11
ShortSnoutBrewing
Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I first thought it was the QD too, but the OP says he hooked up the gas line to his liquid QD and the gas is getting through fine. But I'm totally stumped on this one...unless something is blocking the pickup tube that moves when you push gas in, and gets sucked back when trying to get beer out....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 AM   #12
Dean_cox
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

OK - thanks for all the help and advice. I decided today to rack the beer out into a fermenter and disassemble the Keg to see whats was wrong. Turns out that the O-Ring that sits between the tube (long curved tube) on the Liquid Out had spilt and seperated. I guess gas was mixing with the beer at the post as there was no seal! - I replaced the seal, and then cooled the keg down and put under pressure....today NO PROBLEM! perfect beer - Perfect carbonation - EXCELLENT! I feel so much better now.

Cheers!

Dean

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply