The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Help with Ball Lock Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
LarsonLE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Help with Ball Lock Keg

Hey guys, so I am new to kegging, and I am trying to sanitize my keg before filling it up with some yummy stout. I have my connections all right, I know the keg is pressurized, however I'm having trouble getting the sanitized solution to dispense out. When I take the ball lock thing off the liquid out and press my thumb into the little tiny hole, liquid does come out, so I know it functions properly. Just how do I get solution to come out when I press my down on the party tap thing.

Here's a picture.

keg.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Nevermind, I see the issue. I somehow lost the thing that screws into the plastic piece. Am I going to have to order a replacement online or does someone know if Walmart/Lowes will have the part?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 979 Times on 799 Posts

So, am I looking at the inside of a liquid quick disconnect then? If so, you're probably missing the lid, post, cap, spring and probably the lid o-ring.

You're not going to find anything like that at Lowes/Home Depot/K-Mart/Wally World/Ace Hardware...

Cheers!

Old 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Something looks very wrong with your liquid connect...looks like the top is missing and it has been gutted.

Not sure you even buy parts...even from a home brew store...and the entire connect is about $6 or $8...I'd get on line and get out the credit card!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
LarsonLE
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodstone View Post
Something looks very wrong with your liquid connect...looks like the top is missing and it has been gutted.

Not sure you even buy parts...even from a home brew store...and the entire connect is about $6 or $8...I'd get on line and get out the credit card!
Yep did that yesterday. I am sad that I won't be able to drink my kegged stout until the part arrives.

Quick question, I put my regulator at 10 psi, how long will it take to carbonate the beer? I have the beer in the fridge at around 40-42 degrees.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
OntarioBeerKegs
www.OntarioBeerKegs.com
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 7

LarsonLE can you please show me a picture of the part you were trying to put the disconnect on? I just want to make sure it is not a pinlock as the lid suggests. That might explain why your connect was damaged.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsonLE View Post
Quick question, I put my regulator at 10 psi, how long will it take to carbonate the beer? I have the beer in the fridge at around 40-42 degrees.
12 psi for 7 to 14 days usually does the trick for me.

Quick Reply