Help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solo103

Reaction score
Help!!!

my 5 gal keg of beer from my local brewery leaked out of my kegerator
and it's all over the floor! what could have caused this? and does anyone have a solution to keep this from happening again. my kegerator I built myself out of a chest freezer with a wooden collar and ss shanks and faucets

:(

You must first identify the specific place it leaked from. The faucet, the disconnect, a poorly joined tubing/barb, a crack in the keg? Is this a cornelius keg?

Sorry about your loss.

If by "floor" you literally mean the floor that the keezer sits upon, then the leak had to be from a faucet, yes? If it was a bad connection at the keg or the faucet shank, the beer would have stayed inside the chest freezer.

Otoh, if by "floor" you mean the freezer floor, then the problem moves back to a faulty connection at the keg or the shank...

Cheers!

Sorry about your loss.

If by "floor" you literally mean the floor that the keezer sits upon, then the leak had to be from a faucet, yes? If it was a bad connection at the keg or the faucet shank, the beer would have stayed inside the chest freezer.

Otoh, if by "floor" you mean the freezer floor, then the problem moves back to a faulty connection at the keg or the shank...

Cheers!

by "floor" I mean my patio floor. and my keg is a sankey

Where was it leaking from?? The keg itself?? Your kegarator??

I have no idea..i came home to find beer all over my patio floor.
I'm guessing its gotta be leaking from the faucet as the drip tray underneath the faucet was completely full of beer.

What kind of faucets? Is your regulator working properly? If the PSI in the corny got too high it could force the faucet open.

Back