Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Bottling/Kegging (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/)
-   -   help!!! (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/help-345531/)

Bigapinnc 08-03-2012 10:00 PM

help!!!
 
I kegged last week. Set the co2 and left it in the fridge for a week. Was I out of town and didn't know I had a leak on the top of my out spicket I guess . Do you think it is ruined? Also can I just replace it with out it being ruined?

Dan 08-03-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigapinnc (Post 4303650)
I kegged last week. Set the co2 and left it in the fridge for a week. Was I out of town and didn't know I had a leak on the top of my out spicket I guess . Do you think it is ruined? Also can I just replace it with out it being ruined?

It's a little difficult to answer your question. Is the spicket you are referring to the beer out post on the keg? And when you ask if "it" is ruined are your referring to the beer or the beer out post?

edmanster 08-03-2012 10:15 PM

as long as you got sum co2 in there you should be fine.. i have a spray bottle starsan and spray it on all my connections when I hook up to check leaks everytime :mug:

FirstStateBrewer 08-03-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 4303671)
It's a little difficult to answer your question. Is the spicket you are referring to the beer out post on the keg? And when you ask if "it" is ruined are your referring to the beer or the beer out post?

If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?

Dan 08-03-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstStateBrewer (Post 4303675)
If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?

That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.

FirstStateBrewer 08-03-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 4303680)
That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.

Any beer left in the keg would be fine. I wouldn't drink any at the bottom of the fridge, though. :cross:

edmanster 08-03-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstStateBrewer

If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan

That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.

damn, missed that part

Bigapinnc 08-03-2012 10:41 PM

Well didn't I start a stir. I meant to say in. It was leaking out the in disconnect

Dan 08-04-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigapinnc (Post 4303712)
Well didn't I start a stir. I meant to say in. It was leaking out the in disconnect

Haha.

Did you figure out what the problem was?

Bigapinnc 08-04-2012 04:07 AM

Ha ok it is the "in" post where the grey disconnect attaches. It is leaking out the top. I went ahead and replaced the post. My big fear was the beer becoming oxygenated over the past week with a leak


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.