The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Heineken Mini Kegs- whats inside

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
marzsit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

i've also cut open a used heineken beertender keg out of curiousity.. i did it in a much cleaner way, i drilled a hole in the top and used a bosch nibbling tool to cut the top off of the keg..

the kegs are made of steel, so aren't worth much... the inner white co2 unit is very interesting in that the cap contains a piston that acts as a pressure regulator against the valve on the co2 can, allowing enough pressure to dispense the beer while not allowing enough pressure to explode the keg. i haven't cut open the co2 unit, but it does contain some sort of filler material... almost like it's filled with gravel or bb's or something similar.

i consider the beertender kegs to be an economic and environmental disaster... the cost for 5 liters of mediocre beer is bad enough, the fact that very little of the container is recycleable by any practical means says that this product is a major flop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
trentini
Recipes 

I dont know how much it costs in your country, but in Brazil you can find prices range between U$ 25.00 and U$ 40.00 , depending on season, sales , etc...

Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Heineken_Draught
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Actually you CAN DO IT thanks to this nut:
http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/for...php?f=&t=21461
and it does not matter if the CO2 cannister is still in, you can use an outside one.

Quick Reply