The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Height of your taps on the doors?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
jakecpunut
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Height of your taps on the doors?

I've went through almost all of this entire thread looking at all the awesome Kegerators!

I'm getting ready to convert my full size fridge that I picked up later on this week..

I've noticed several of you opted to keep the tap handles low enough to be able to open the freezer on top. Then some of you have the handles sticking up past the freezer to where it appears you're either not using the freezer or having to take the handles off when you do want to open the freezer.

Sooo, those of you that mounted higher and can't access your freezer, do you wish you had mounted them lower?

And for those of you that mounted lower, do you wish you had mounted them higher and not worried about freezer access?

http://YouTube.com/JakeCpuNut

http://surrywebdesign.com

Fermenting - 10 G's of Speer Beer Pale Ale

Tap # 1 - Frozen Toes IPA
Tap # 2 - Nut Brown Ale
Tap # 3 - Rye IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
CarsonCE
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've got a friend who mounted his high, and they are very easy to pour beer. Whenever he needs to open his freezer, he just opens the refrigerator door as well. There is no need to remove the handles every time. It's nice to have the beer at a natural height. My handles are going tobe on the low end because I'm building a keezer.

My Keezer Build

Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
springer

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts

I saw one where the doors we bolted together with a little plate and screws. This way when you open the door no chance of a spill.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 01-11-2010, 08:53 PM   #4
Ragutis
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I zip-tied my two doors together so they open at the same time. I don't use the freezer enough for it to matter too much.

Quick Reply