Have i got a leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stocky_S

Reaction score
Right... I kegged some self carbing cider a few weeks ago and all was going well till i over tightned the tap and the washer split, i emptied the keg out put a new washer on and re filled, by now my cider was done fermenting so i added 4 gas bulbs to regass and purge my keg of oxygen. I come home tonight and open the tap and its not gassy at all theres no pressure in the keg :(.

I cant hear any leaks and have checked it by wetting and looking for bubles to no avail. Is it possibe that the gas has obsorbed into the cider or something or is it deffo a leak.

Thanks
Stocky

Some brewing suppliers carry a leak check solution. Its quite thick, and I found it works much better than soapy water.

Got a new valve on order as the old one was nackered and the metal had a bend in it so i think that was creating a loose seal thus letting out gas

I just pump gas in it to 10PSI and cut off at the tank. If the pressure go down I have a leak. If I have a leak, I replace all the seals on the keg and tighten everything from the keg to the tank.

Back