Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Haier Kegerator Fan Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
vecte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Haier Kegerator Fan Advice

I've been doing a fair amount of searching, and looking at several different threads where people have added fans to their kegerators. I am looking at adding a fan to my Haier kegerator below:

The main goal of the fan is to circulate the cold air inside the kegerator itself. Like I've said, I've looked at several different threads, and seen quite a few ways to do it, but most of them were overly complicated, or much more than what I need. I'm looking for something simple. I want to add a fan inside, and run a cord outside to plug into an outlet. What would be the best/safest way to do this? What would be the most optimal fan, and what would be easiest way to run the power cord outside the kegerator(I want to do as little modding as possible)?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
WilliamstonBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

What are your concerns about not having a fan in there?

I own almost the exact same model and keep two cornys in there all the time. They stay frosty at 39 degrees.

I wanted my beer lines cold, though, from what I read... NOT from experience. However, after building a fan system with a Radio Shack hobby box, 12v fan and some tubing to shoot up the tap tower, I'm just gonna come out and say it: it was a waste of time.

There is so little beer in the lines and I always pull a mug out of the freezer for the night's first pour; I don't get excessive foam or notice any temperature problems with the first or any other pull off the tap.

So why do you want a fan in there?

Edit: keep in mind you keep the fridge closed 99% of the time and the thermal mass of the keg and beer itself serves to equalize the temperature throughout. Also, I get very little ice buildup on the chiller in the back... I've defrosted it a couple of times. It takes so little time that the kegs barely warm up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply