Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Grrr

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Gunfighter04
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Grrr

Got my order in today, close to kegging my first homebrew. I inherited a tap system from my dad, but it was set up for commercial kegs, not corny kegs, so I ordered two corny's and the associated connectors. I don't really have a preference between pin and ball lock connectors so I just picked pin locks, and made sure the connectors matched. I guess the vendor didn't take the same amount of care when filling the order. I got pin lock connectors and ball lock kegs. I fired off an email so I guess I'll get a chance to see what their customer service is like. Don't want to bash any vendors as we all make mistakes, and everyone deserve the chance to fix them, but damn I was looking forward to kegging my beer tonight.

One quick question, it appears as if the pinlock connectors are 1/4" barb and my commercial set up is 3/8, is 1/4" barbs the norm? I'll just have to get a 1/4barb for my regulator if so. Also looks like the line pressure gage is fubar'd. Sometimes it just pays to sit down and just drink a beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Clonefarmer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter04 View Post
Got my order in today, close to kegging my first homebrew. I inherited a tap system from my dad, but it was set up for commercial kegs, not corny kegs, so I ordered two corny's and the associated connectors. I don't really have a preference between pin and ball lock connectors so I just picked pin locks, and made sure the connectors matched. I guess the vendor didn't take the same amount of care when filling the order. I got pin lock connectors and ball lock kegs. I fired off an email so I guess I'll get a chance to see what their customer service is like. Don't want to bash any vendors as we all make mistakes, and everyone deserve the chance to fix them, but damn I was looking forward to kegging my beer tonight.

One quick question, it appears as if the pinlock connectors are 1/4" barb and my commercial set up is 3/8, is 1/4" barbs the norm? I'll just have to get a 1/4barb for my regulator if so. Also looks like the line pressure gage is fubar'd. Sometimes it just pays to sit down and just drink a beer.
IMO ball lock kegs are a little better.

Almost all the commercial stuff I run across is 3/8. Homebrew stuff tends to be 1/4.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply