Growler Filler Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaydaw

Reaction score
I want to get some tubing to fill some growlers straight from my tap (like they do at some brew pubs). The tubing will connect right at the end of the tap. I wanted to check out Home Depot for some cheap tubing but wasn't sure it would be food grade. Do you think it even really matters if the beer will just be flowing through it for a few seconds at most? Thanks.

Yesterday I was at the Baseball game and had a beer in a plastic cup. It tasted like plastic cup to me. I've had beer in plastic before and not tasted the plastic. Some plastic stain badly and are hard to clean. That's what I know about plastic.

I use Lowes/Home Depot clear vinyl tubing for this purpose all the time. I think it is fine for this purpose considering the limited contact time the beer has with the plastic. You could also get some food grade silicone tubing for this purpose, if you are really concerned about it.

I use Lowes/Home Depot clear vinyl tubing for this purpose all the time. I think it is fine for this purpose considering the limited contact time the beer has with the plastic. You could also get some food grade silicone tubing for this purpose, if you are really concerned about it.

I use silicone tubing.

I don't use any tubing. I just keep my growlers cold, and when I'm ready to fill one I purge the CO2 from my keg, and dial it down to about 5 or so PSI, and fill.

Works great everytime.

A piece of 3/8" vinyl tubing from Home Depot fits nicely INSIDE most taps. Make sure you ice down/freeze the growler for a little while before filling. The hose I use floats about 1/4" above the bottom of the growler.

Keep the PSI low, and fill in one shot with the tap fully open. I get about 2" of foam at the very top of the neck.

M_C

I got my tubing from Ace Hardware. They sell it by the foot. I fill growlers all the time, and I have perlicks. I have a piece of tubing that fits into the Perlick, and it works great!

I got my tubing from Ace Hardware. They sell it by the foot. I fill growlers all the time, and I have perlicks. I have a piece of tubing that fits into the Perlick, and it works great!

I have Perlick 525's what size tubing are you using? I do not want to have to take it off to bring to Ace. It was hard enough getting the damned Perlicks on the tower to begin with.

I have Perlick 525's what size tubing are you using? I do not want to have to take it off to bring to Ace. It was hard enough getting the damned Perlicks on the tower to begin with.

Dunno about Yoop, but I use the 5/16" ID vinyl tubing from lowes....same stuff I use for all my siphons, etc, (fits great on the 3/8 racking cane). I'm not entirely sure what the OD is...but it's just normal standard siphon tubing.

So, normal siphon tubing. Fits nice and tight into the 525s.

Woops!! Did that backwards. I think there easy enough to make on our own, but the link above is where we get our's at!!! Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back