Grolsh bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadianbrewer2012

Reaction score
Hey I just picked up 4 dozen grolsch bottles for my first brew.. I have had them all soak over night in diversol, put them through a cycle in my dish washer then stored them upside down in some crates to dry completely .. Bottling day is three days from now and I'm wondering what I need to do to these things before I fill them with beer... Do I just soak them in an iodophor solution and fill them up from there? Do they need to be completely dry of the solution before filled? And some of them still seem to have a little bit of " fogginess" to the bottom of the glass where I can't seem to get my brush to remedy thoroughly... Is this going to be a problem?

is the fogginess from condensation? I store them right side up after soaking in oxyclean, rinsing thoroughly and sanitizing them. On bottling day, I sanitize again with Starsan just to kill off any nasties that may have snuck in.

Back