Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Great bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Onedon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Great bottles

Yo brewers,
Just wanted to let anyone who hasn't tryed them, and uses there own used bottles to know that I've used some of the Guiness bottles with the shrink wrap lable. They're awsome. The widget pulls right out with pliers, and the shrink wrap pulls right off. They seem a little light, but like I said I've used them a couple of times with no problems.

"Yeah it is!"

Drinking : First brew - Nut Brown Ale, Avery - Brown Ale, Red Hook - ESB, New Belgium - 1554 Black Ale (Favorite, need recipe)
Primary : 'Jeramiah Red' Clone
Carbonating : Shiner Clone
Carbonating : Elbro Nerkte

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Igorstien
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I use these as well........I've got just about 100 of them and they are just a nice bottle to look at. And since the label is skrink wrapped you can cut it off instead of washing.

I'm not a stout drinker, but a buddy of mine is so he was nice enough to switch from the cans to the bottles so I could have enough to bottle.

I've had no problems with breaking during capping and no sealing problems. I agreed they seem a bit light but with the bench capper they work great

Fermenting: MT
Secondary #1: MT Secondary #2: MT
Conditioning: Nothing Drinking: Store bought
On Deck: Festa Brew Red Ale....As soon as I get my bucket back from storage.

All bottles are Guinness bottles, Plus Five Kegs!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply