Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > gotta love it

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Joe028
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default gotta love it

I don't know what to say. I am drinking my first kegged homebrew and I love it. The simplicity of just pull the tap and drink seems too easy. What no yeast to not pour into the brew? no bottles to sanitize? no capper? no bottle opener? no problem. I keg now and I love it.

Thanks to this board for all the suggestions I think I got a pretty good set up.

Despite all this I will be bottling this weekend because I need 1/2 of the batch in bottles...but still I love this new part of the hobby.

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 577 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe028
I don't know what to say. I am drinking my first kegged homebrew and I love it. The simplicity of just pull the tap and drink seems too easy. What no yeast to not pour into the brew? no bottles to sanitize? no capper? no bottle opener? no problem. I keg now and I love it.

Thanks to this board for all the suggestions I think I got a pretty good set up.

Despite all this I will be bottling this weekend because I need 1/2 of the batch in bottles...but still I love this new part of the hobby.

Cheers!
Great ain't it?

How ya going to bottle from the keg? I have my routine down with a racking cane, #2 stopper and a picnic tap. I bottled a 12 pack for a party on Sunday and it took me about 15 minutes.

No beer gun for me.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Joe028
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
Great ain't it?
ABSOLUTELY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
How ya going to bottle from the keg? I have my routine down with a racking cane, #2 stopper and a picnic tap. I bottled a 12 pack for a party on Sunday and it took me about 15 minutes.

No beer gun for me.
Okay...talk to me here. I was planning on doing it the old fashioned way with corn sugar and yeast and bottles and sanitizer and all that good stuff. I hadn't given much thought to bottling from the keg because I thought I needed the beer gun or something similar. What's your process?

Quick Reply