Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Gotta Go!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Petho
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Gotta Go!

I am moving to a new place and of course now I need to move my kegs and cooler. It is a deep freezer with 4 korney kegs in it and temp controller.
My question is, how do I go about moving the kegs? Will the temperature change ( its hot out ) or all of the sloshing ruin the beer?

Has anyone had to move a kegger yet?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Guitarboarder
Recipes 

Likes Given: 39

I moved mine a few months back, not as big, only two kegs but also moved my ferm fridge where I store "ready" beers and It was fine, no problems but than again I only moved about an hour away. I would imagine that you would be fine, if you can keep the kegs in the cabin of yer vehicle with the ac on maby? as far as the sloshing just let them sit for a few hours in the keggerator when you get there and they should settle back down and be clear. I moved my keggerator and kegs the day before the move so they where cold and settled for when I got done moving ha..ha.. that probably didn't help you at all but good luck any how and let us know how you did it and your success!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 47

As long as they are carbonated and the keg seals are fine then you can move them wherever you want in whatever temp you want. You should give them time to settle out again once you put them back in the keg fridge but other than that they will be fine.

My 6 Tap Long Draw Tower Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long...-tower-271578/

Old 08-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #4
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1032 Times on 837 Posts

Even if the seals are dicey this is no big deal. The beer is carbed, and if you're not sticking the poor kegs in an actual moving van for a cross-country trip, the worst that could happen (ruling out actual breached kegs) is you have to put them back on gas while you cool them down to serving temperature.

Otherwise, to make the best of the situation, if this is a "local" move I would move the keezer and kegs last...

Cheers!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #5
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 485 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Moved mine from Wisconsin to Florida, 12 years ago, did keg to keg transfer to leave behind sediment use to do this after kegs sat cold and on co2 now we cold crash. Sorry reminiscing, last thing on the moving truck was the fridge loaded kegs into strapped shut. Stopped for some rest in Georgia, tapped a few still cold, arrived at Apt. first thing off and plugged in. 38 hours later temp was 56* was 38* when we left 42* by the time we unloaded. Will do this again if we move.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 945 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
Otherwise, to make the best of the situation, if this is a "local" move I would move the keezer and kegs last...
Or first... so you have settled beer for after the move. If a long distance and large pack LIFO all the way.

Quick Reply