Got a tank, is it too big?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
I see that most kegging kits come with a 5# cylinder. Myself, always with an eye for a bargain, was able to procure a 15# tank for under $60. I am wondering, is this tank too big? I am hoping that it isn't , sizewise, too much bigger than a corny? I do have a full size fridge for my beer so this shouldn't be an issue, but I don't want a cylinder the size of those big helium ones you see at the balloon stores!

A 15# C02 tank should be comparable to the size of a corny. I have a 20# for my keezer and it isn't much bigger than a corny. Plus, with a 15# tank you will have to make less trips to get gas.

A 15# C02 tank should be comparable to the size of a corny. I have a 20# for my keezer and it isn't much bigger than a corny. Plus, with a 15# tank you will have to make less trips to get gas.

AWESOME!!! I made the right call. It doesn't need to be retested until 2015, so I am pretty jacked about it.

I suppose I could, but it's a really nice full size side by side, that I just happen to be using for beer. I think once I do a keggerator project, I will get a smaller fridge for kegs only and drill into that.

Screw a smaller one, get a full size so you can put 4 of them in there :rockin:

Inside4tapscomingsoon.jpg

With use of drawers and the left hand shelf

Had to take the shelf apart and use lexan.
Shelf was too wide and the glass is all tempered.
Easy Peasy

that looks great, maybe I will drill into my fridge...CO2 tank on the outside, taps on the front.

Now you're talking

7/8" hole saw

DOUBLE CHECK you measurements (I still have a golf tee in a pilot hole)

The freezer door issue with tap handles is an easy fix, worry about that after the beer is on draft

Check on the bottom or back of the fridge. There may be a little plug covering a drain hole. If your fridge has one, you can pop it out or drill into that to run your gas into the fridge while keeping your tank outside of it without the fear of hitting a line in the fridge.

Back