Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Good Kegging Kits For Beginners?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Averman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Likes Given: 2

Default Good Kegging Kits For Beginners?

After acquiring a standard fridge from a friend (upright "standard" style) and some funds from a recent birthday, I am interested in making the jump to kegging my homebrews. I also have a newborn, so I really don't have too much time to piece together parts from across the internet and craigslist, so I feel making a "kit" purchase would work best for me. Are there any out there that you've had success with, or are preferred? Are there any pros/cons that I should use to flag the kits? What else would I need outside of the kit?

Here are the two I've been eyeing, but are not limited to them:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-...-co2-tank.html

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=712

Thanks in advance!

__________________
Averman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
manicmechanic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: fayetteville, nc
Posts: 12
Likes Given: 1

Default

Check out beverage elements on eBay. Just got mine today. Only took three days. Got the 5gallon used ball lock keg, new 5 lb c02 tank, new dual gauge regulator and hoses shipped for $212.00

__________________
manicmechanic is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
241
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
241's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 629
Liked 77 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 198

Default

I'd support the HBT vendor keg connection, good folks over there.

Outside of the kit you will need a keg and a CO2 tank.

Whatever you do just make sure if you buy PIN LOCK KEGS you get PIN LOCK CONNECTIONS (vise versa BALL LOCK KEGS, BALL LOCK CONNECTIONS)

__________________
241 is offline
Averman Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #4
63belair
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
63belair's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 457
Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

You can't go wrong with Keg Connection, my good friend got his kegging kit from them and has had no issues. I went with Keg Cowboy and had a great experience, the prices were essentially the same but I wanted a Y manifold C02 splitter mounted right to the regulator, which Keg Cowboy offered by default.

I'm sure you will be fine, but you should measure the inside of your fridge to be sure it will accommodate corny kegs (ball or pin, whichever you go with).

__________________
63belair is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
BirdmanBrewingCo
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,150
Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averman View Post
After acquiring a standard fridge from a friend (upright "standard" style) and some funds from a recent birthday, I am interested in making the jump to kegging my homebrews. I also have a newborn, so I really don't have too much time to piece together parts from across the internet and craigslist, so I feel making a "kit" purchase would work best for me. Are there any out there that you've had success with, or are preferred? Are there any pros/cons that I should use to flag the kits? What else would I need outside of the kit?

Here are the two I've been eyeing, but are not limited to them:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/brew-...-co2-tank.html

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=712

Thanks in advance!
Averman,

We'd love if you'd check us out too. We're an HBT sponsor, and you can search our reviews here for what other folks are saying about us. Thanks in advance for the consideration and congrats on the newborn and for getting into kegging!

Here are our kits: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kits/
__________________
Birdman Brewing Company
Homebrew and Draft Beer Gear
Exploring Beer. Cheaper.

www.birdmanbrewing.com
401-400-BREW (2739)

Facebook BirdmanBrewingCompany

BeerSmith 2 just $19.99 every day!
BirdmanBrewingCo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #6
alestateyall
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 735
Liked 88 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

I recommend finding out where you will get your co2 before buying the kegging kit. Some places only exchange bottles. Some will fill your bottle. There is no use buying a shiny aluminum bottle if your gas supplier is just going to exchange it for an ugly metal one.

__________________
alestateyall is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
BTFU64
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Just got mine set up. Got it from beverage factory. Here is the link.
http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...rew-kits.shtml

image-3255225221.jpg  
__________________
BTFU64 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
63belair
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
63belair's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 457
Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alestateyall View Post
I recommend finding out where you will get your co2 before buying the kegging kit. Some places only exchange bottles. Some will fill your bottle. There is no use buying a shiny aluminum bottle if your gas supplier is just going to exchange it for an ugly metal one.
Good advice. That being said, some places that only swap bottles (rather than refilling your bottle) will charge more for the initial deposit than what you can buy a brand new bottle from some online vendors for. If this is the case just buy a bottle for cheaper online and 'exchange' it for a full bottle. Check around and see what your options are in your area.
__________________
63belair is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
thejudge54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdmanBrewingCo View Post

Averman,

We'd love if you'd check us out too. We're an HBT sponsor, and you can search our reviews here for what other folks are saying about us. Thanks in advance for the consideration and congrats on the newborn and for getting into kegging!

Here are our kits: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kits/
Hey birdman I just ordered my 2 tap kegerator kit last night from you! Can't wait to get it. Thanks.
__________________
thejudge54 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Few beginners kegging questions lrbijl Bottling/Kegging 6 05-14-2011 01:45 AM
Best beer kits for beginners johnrich85 Extract Brewing 11 02-07-2010 03:20 AM
good beginners kit eibbor Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 10-24-2009 02:24 AM
Any kits for beginners? cbsdizzo Equipment/Sanitation 2 05-05-2006 05:22 PM
Question about beginners kits... cmkelly29 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 3 07-20-2005 02:25 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS