Is this a good deal...Wanting to start kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew_101

Reaction score
I have bottled all my batches and I was wanting to start kegging. In my local paper ther is an ad for :5 GALLON BEER KEG SYSTEM. Complete w/keg, gauges, hoses and full CO2 tank. Retails for $250. Selling for $95.. I called and they said that it was a soda keg and had been used 5 times. They didn't use the setup anymore. My question is this a good deal and what should i look for if I go look at it? Thanks in advance.

Can you give us an exact listing of what it includes? I would compare it to kegconnection.com to see how good of a deal it is.

No I can not.. they did say it had all the disconnects.. but I have never done kegging before so I don't know anything about it.

GOOD DEAL = co2 tank and regulator, along with the kegs and disconnects

BAD DEAL - only a keg with a liquid and gas line

You will likely want larger then a 20oz tank. 5# at minimum. 20 oz will only push one or two kegs before needing to get it refilled.

just checked out keg connections and they have a setup for 98.95. http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=274

Should I just go with this one.. Thanks everybody for their quick responses

I bought this 1 recently. I thought it was a great deal. But I also have a 20# tank and fill the small one myself. This was the 10th corny I have purchased and it was in better condition than the previous 9!

I have to say that I just ordered from keg connection for the first time and they were great! I emailed them because I wanted a custom kit and they had no problem doing it for me, great site, great prices, and great service! I would definitely order from them again. Hopefully once it arrives I will finally be able to post some pictures of my kegerator.:ban:

Latest posts

Back