Sup ya'll. First post on the forum here. Apologies for beating a regular topic to death but the search feature seems pretty janky -- 'foam' brings up 400+ results and if I try to search with a second keyword, the second keyword seems to be ignored and I get the same 400+ results. Maybe I'm just being lazy. I've been drinking a little.
Anyway, here's the video showing the problem:
The situation is dire for a 2nd tailgate in a row. We bought the jockey box so we could have cold beer on a bus trip and it worked fine the first time we used it. In case you can't tell from the video, foam is coming straight into the line from the keg.
- we found best results at 12-13 psi
- teflon tape on both CO2 connections (tank-to-regulator and regulator output hose-to-tap)
- well fitting o-rings on all connections
- No leakage that we were able to see or hear
- Keg is from a well-known Texas regional brewer so its likely not the beer
- Problem did not work itself out -- we persevered until the keg was done.
- Keg traveled less than 3 miles from the brewery to the tailgate so we're certain it had minimum shaking during transportation
- Interestingly, the tap pours best when its only half-way open. When its all the way open it won't pour at all. Its quite possible that's because I'm a newb donkey and have been re-assembling tap incorrectly.
Any ideas on the cause of the foam?