Glass bottle cap size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIYX

Reaction score
I have some Heineken and genesee bottle I what to reuse so does any one know what sizes of caps will find on these 2 different kinds of bottles?

aye. unless its a true import beer, it should be the same as any US produced pop-top bottle.
In fact the only references I've seen in catalogs for different size caps were for belgian lambic bottles, which are a thicker glass and often corker, then capped. I think these caps are a little larger.

I cap guiness draft bottles and heinies with normal caps, no problems.

I like Midwestern Brewing Supplies prices and shipping policy, but they always through me a curve...relevance to this thread being that I bought some crown caps from them...that are 25 mm. ??? How is that even possible? Do manufacturers bag the rejects of a certain size? I noticed bottling that some of the caps were a bit lopsided, not really fitting all the way down. Some I could pull off. That's when I measured. WTF? Of all the things to have to worry about.

Background: I have previously capped about 46,000 12 ounce bottles and never seen the prob. Used the same capper for it all. Couldn't be that it's getting old could it? I definitely measured the inside plastic bit from inside edge to inside edge as being 25 mm, just a hair under an inch.

Your bell could need replacing. Not sure about the 25mm bit.

Back