Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Gas line fitting questions - first-timer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
DeltaNu1142
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Gas line fitting questions - first-timer

I'm getting ready to keg a homebrew for the first time. I've had a Sankey kegerator set up a few times, and I'm now on the second bought keg in this fridge. I've got a 5lb CO2 tank with 3/16" ID-9/16" OD gas line with larger threaded connectors on either end, on each connected to the regulator and to the keg tap. I'm thinking this is pretty standard, and Google tells me it's 7/8"-14.

My corny keg pigtails came with a 5/16" ID-9'16" OD gas line. I'm wondering what the best way to connect my CO2 tank to both kegs is if I want to be able to isolate either one with a valve, and I don't want to change fittings on the existing system or on the new pigtail addition.

The obvious choice is to use a manifold like this one from Amazon, and thread different barbs onto it. I'll need a 3/16" in, and then a 3/16" out and a 5/16" out. I'm sure this has been solved lots of different ways, though, and I wanted to see what others had done.

Thanks in advance!

On tap #1: Bell's Two-Hearted
On tap #2: Coconut IPA (conditioning)
Next Brew: Founder's Breakfast Stout clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #2
DeltaNu1142
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Having received no input, I'll just pick up one of these at my local homebrew store tonight. It's probably the easiest way to go.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
ColoHox
Compulsive Hand Washer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Yep, manifold. Buy one or build your own.

Bacteria are the only culture some people have.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
DeltaNu1142
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoHox View Post
Yep, manifold. Buy one or build your own.
Ahhh, see... this is the kind of creativity I was hoping for. I hadn't considered using quick disconnects. And if I'd seen this post before lunch, I would have stopped into HD or HF for the parts. I'll browse HD later, if I want to risk losing CO2 to leaks. I know I just replaced the QD on my air compressor because it got leaky...

Quick Reply