Gas hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullstop22

Reaction score
I am ready to drill holes in keezer collar for gas in. The clamp from the factory has a small mushroom shaped bend standing out. Should I drill the hole large enough to get this through or take off the clamp and replace. I was afraid if I used a band clamp to put it back together it may leak. Anyone had experience
reassembling co2 lines?

Is it an Oetiker clamp?

clamps-oetiker.jpg

Those are much better than worm-drive clamps since they're stepless. I'd cut the clamp off and buy a new one to replace it once you get it through the fridge! And while you're at it replace all your clamps with Oetikers, you can get them from a number of sources.

My clamp has the square holes with the peg protruding through but the tab sticking out is more like small mushroom then a rectangle. Do you need a special tool to clamp?

When you clamp it you pinch the sides of the tab so it ends up looking like a mushroom. You just need to be able to pinch it, you don't need the special oetiker clamper unless you're working in a really tight place (like on a motorcycle/car) and need to clamp sideways. Any pinchers or even wire cutters would work.

Thanks now I see how they work. I may just notch the hole or I will try to locate these clamps. I just do not want create my own problem with a leak.

If you change all your other clamps to these bad boys it will definitely help prevent leaks! But I know what you mean. If you can get the gas hose through with the clamp undisturbed it's one less thing to worry about.

Back