Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Found my co2 :)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
debtman7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Found my co2 :)

So I called our local beer distributor and asked if they did deposits or refills on co2 tank and they said no, they use a local company called Geer Gas. I called them up and asked if they sold Co2 in tank on a deposit or anything and they said no, but they do sell the smaller tanks. I asked how much for a 5lb tank and she said, amazingly, $60 for a full tank including tax. All of the welding supply places I called wanted $85 for an empty tank + $12 to fill it up + tax. Cheapest online I could find for a 5lb tank was $57 empty plus shipping...

But... She said they're out of 5lb tanks and they usually sell out as soon as they get any in. But she did have some 15lb tanks available, for, get this, $75 with tax, filled. I looked up the dimensions and they're about the same height as the corny kegs, so a 15 lb tank should fit in the fridge fine. $75 for a 15lb tank full of co2 is much cheaper than I expected to pay. Looks like I'll be filling my first keg this weekend

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 08:54 PM   #2
JoeRags
Recipes 

Nice score.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by debtman7
So I called our local beer distributor and asked if they did deposits or refills on co2 tank and they said no, they use a local company called Geer Gas. I called them up and asked if they sold Co2 in tank on a deposit or anything and they said no, but they do sell the smaller tanks. I asked how much for a 5lb tank and she said, amazingly, $60 for a full tank including tax. All of the welding supply places I called wanted $85 for an empty tank + $12 to fill it up + tax. Cheapest online I could find for a 5lb tank was $57 empty plus shipping...

But... She said they're out of 5lb tanks and they usually sell out as soon as they get any in. But she did have some 15lb tanks available, for, get this, $75 with tax, filled. I looked up the dimensions and they're about the same height as the corny kegs, so a 15 lb tank should fit in the fridge fine. $75 for a 15lb tank full of co2 is much cheaper than I expected to pay. Looks like I'll be filling my first keg this weekend
So do I understand that Geer Gas sells them new and filled with CO2, but they won't refill them? Not a big deal, as there are other places that will refill. Just seems odd.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll be kegging the first time with ya!!!! Got CO2 today and kegs are waiting for the forth coming of Weizen.......NO MORE BOTTLES.....is it Christmas ALREADY???

Old 11-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #5
debtman7
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer4breakfast
So do I understand that Geer Gas sells them new and filled with CO2, but they won't refill them? Not a big deal, as there are other places that will refill. Just seems odd.
No, they fill them, they seem to supply pretty much everyone in town with co2. Refill on a 15lb tank is something like $12. I picked up my tank and I don't think they're new, but they're in good shape and the hydro stamp was 10/06, so good enough. $75 for a full tank isn't too shabby either considering my backup plan was a 5 lb empty tank from harbor freight for $60.

Quick Reply