Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Force carbonatation didn't work

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #11
sir_veja
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher
I fyou really want to force...FORCE carb your beer, don't mess with the gas connections.

THe shake method is highly effective in carbing beer up fast, but can be a bit unpredictable (too much carb).

Keep the PSI at around 30 and lay the keg across your lap (while your sitting in a chair of course).

Begin shaking the crap out of keg left to right. You'll begin hearing gas come out of the tank and into the keg (bubbling sounds). Shake the keg for 60-90 seconds or so. Stop. Wait until the bubbling stops. Repeat. Keep doing this about 6-7 times and then let it rest over night at the 30PSI.

Next day, close gas valve. Release any excess pressure from keg. Set PSI down to 8-10 (serving pressure), open gas valve and pour a glass. Keep tweaking this process until you get the carbing level you want. At room temperature you are not likely to over carb your beer with this process.

Oh...and get a refrigerator for petes sake.

HEHEHHEHEHE It's coming It's coming... vintage eletric motor fridge

Cheers
Vasco

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply