Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Flocculent matter in beer, any ideas??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
crapmaggot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Flocculent matter in beer, any ideas??

I bottled a batch a few days back, in 500ml crown bottles, and after a week about half are nice and clear with normal sediment (i didn't rack just bottled straight away) and the other half has some.... stuff floating in it, it is what i might call 'flocculent matter' , tiny whispy flecks suspended in the liquid, they don't go up or down but stay at the same level, the liquid is clear other than the flecks, and the sediment is normal. What is this stuff?? does anyone know. actually never mind i'll drink it anyways.... cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
rsmith179
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Could just simply be some active yeast still in your bottles. Not to worry though, they should drop down within the next few weeks. You may also want to throw them in the fridge for a while after they've been carbing for a few (3-4) weeks.

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply