Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Flip top bottles-can you reseal?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2006, 12:14 AM   #11
snaproll
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Flip top bottles-can you reseal?

1 liter bottles from Grolsch?? Cool I've never seen one. At least that I remember. ( getting long in the tooth here).
But that does make a difference my apologies. I was wondering how you would split a 16 oz bottle three ways and still call it a glass. But I have strayed form the original question.
A Flip top bottle ( known in europe by the GI's as a snap cap) can be resealed but for only a short time, it will lose it's carbonation fairley quick.

Primary :Belgian Blonde
Secondary:Cider
Drinking on tap: , Vanilla Porter, and an American wheat ,Pale Ale
Next up: unknown

The only people that appear not to make mistakes, are the ones that do nothing, and that is the biggest mistake .

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
Some Hasbeen
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaproll
1 liter bottles from Grolsch?? Cool I've never seen one. At least that I remember. ( getting long in the tooth here).
But that does make a difference my apologies. I was wondering how you would split a 16 oz bottle three ways and still call it a glass. But I have strayed form the original question.
A Flip top bottle ( known in europe by the GI's as a snap cap) can be resealed but for only a short time, it will lose it's carbonation fairley quick.
I should have clarified - they are "grolsch style" bottles due to the flip top. I purchased them from my local home brew shop owner. Not the actual bottle that manufactured by Grolsch that would come in the 16 oz style. I assumed everyone was talking about the same thing. From the posts, it appears as though half were talking about the bottles I was referring to and the other half were talking about the bottles you were referring to. Considering the entire conversations on these boards consist of 3-4 line ramblings, I'm frankly shocked.

Primary: Empty
Secondary: J. Lillee Pale Ale
Lagering: Pilsner
Bottled: Big Brown Butt Ale
On Tap and Drinking: MooseNipple Honey Ale

"Grab a beer. Don't cost nothin." - Bluto, Animal House

"I'll never drink another beer." - Homer Simpson
"Beer here!" - Beer Vendor
"I'll take one! Mmmmm, Beer." - Homer Simpson

Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #13
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 1

OK. That makes sense now. I can see where Americans who have not been overseas would call them Grolsch bottles, but I prefer to say "flippes" or "Grolsch-style" as you meant to say.

I have over 100 Grolsch bottles and several hundred more German "flippies"...as we GI's called them in Germany.

I never heard of them called "snap caps", but that's not saying someone somewhere called them that.

I also have about 7 - 2 liter flippies that are decorative and used for display.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #14
snaproll

Recipes 

Default Flip top bottles-can you reseal?

I am sorry, the original Post DID say "Grolsch style", and yes we do like to express ourselves, sometimes after a hombrew at that .

Primary :Belgian Blonde
Secondary:Cider
Drinking on tap: , Vanilla Porter, and an American wheat ,Pale Ale
Next up: unknown

The only people that appear not to make mistakes, are the ones that do nothing, and that is the biggest mistake .

Quick Reply