Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > First Batch - Not sure when to bottle, help!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Lurpinator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Batch - Not sure when to bottle, help!

So, as some of you may know, I am brewing a gluten free Sorghum extract and honey brew. I brewed on July 9th, and pitched Safale US-05 dry yeast (one pack). OG was 1.052, and on the 19th it was only down to 1.034, so I pitched another packet of US-05. I hit my FG of 1.014 a week ago and transferred to a 5 gal carboy for clearing. It has cleared a lot and I want to bottle, but there are some medium sized clear bubbles on the surface. I don't see mold but I don't know why there are bubbles. Should I double check the hydro reading and bottle?

Thanks,

Lurp

ps. here are some pictures:

Primary: Nada
Drinking: EPIC brewing's "The Glutenator"
Aging: Nada
Planning: Another GF Belgian, an EPIC Glutenator clone, a Ginger-Apple hard cider

Please join the Gluten Free Brewers Group
Everyone is welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarleyWater View Post
Printenction is the key to being protectef onm you, Maybve if you are are ful you wont; throw up like oth er someone did. I thonk you need another beer possibljy/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Laurel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's probably CO2 coming out of solution. It should be fine providing the SG has held steady at 1.014 and it's where you expected it to be.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply