LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Buckshott00
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Finding Things

Hey All,

I need help finding 2 things.

Anyone know where I can find virgin high pressure flip top bottles for cheap online. I have been washing out old ones from Sparkling wines and the like and I want some virgin bottles especially if I could get them in Amber instead of Clear.

The other thing is where can I find some party balls? I am having a party at the end of May and I thought it would be fun to have beer balls at the party

Thanks for any help

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________ When ever I can I drink Canadian or HomeBrew Beers. No offense, but mass made american beers are like making love in a canoe...F***ing close to water.

Thank you Monty Python

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
schoolmaster
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Double 00,

I use EZ capper bottles when I bottle. http://www.ezcap.net/

When serving at parties there are a couple of options.
1.Mini Keg systems

2.Party Pig Systems

3.Make a corny keg portable with this and this

Another thing you can do is just use commercial kegs. Force carb them and then use a picnic valve with hand pump for the party. Check it out here

Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Buckshott00
Recipes 

Thanks Schoolmaster!!!

I just think that if you can get a good seal that the flip tops are just easier to work with. I wish they had an inbetween size (750mL) and a direct order line LOL but I guess beggers can't be choosers. Thanks again for the info

Do you have any experience with the the party pig? Part of the fun of this was I wanted to show off the colors and characteristics of my beers.

Thanks So much

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________ When ever I can I drink Canadian or HomeBrew Beers. No offense, but mass made american beers are like making love in a canoe...F***ing close to water.

Thank you Monty Python

Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Hoppus_Poppatopolis
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Another option is to buy swing tops full of beer. I think that's the cheapest way to get them.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 AM   #5
Buckshott00
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppus_Poppatopolis View Post
Another option is to buy swing tops full of beer. I think that's the cheapest way to get them.
That is pretty much what I'm doing now. It can just be hard to get them all the way clean. Plus around here the only beers I can find with swing tops are Grolsh

Thank you Monty Python

Old 03-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #6
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What do you mean by having a hard time cleaning them?

Grab a bottle brush...cut the loop off...insert the sucker in a drill...pour cleaner into bottle...insert brush into bottle...pull trigger...you know the rest...

Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
Buckshott00
Recipes 

I've tried that, I don't know if it is the bottles or the seals or what? I've actually taken the flip loops off and run them through a dish washer. Heck, I've tried steam and deionized water (stopped short of trying acetone). Maybe it is in my head, but I swear I get flavor cross over.

Thank you Monty Python

Old 03-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #8
Hoppus_Poppatopolis
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I stumbled upon a case of Veldensteiner which was in swing tops. This particular case was a sampler of 4 different styles. I forget what they were but I remember not really liking most of them; they came off as sweet to me.

I remember as I type this that one was a wheat; that was my favorite. All were bottle conditioned. I wouldn't buy it again but hey, I got the bottles.

Quick Reply