Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Filling a cornie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Emc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Filling a cornie

Ok, let's assume there are no stupid questions just stupid answers. With that perhaps this is a stupid question. My wife (she is awesome) just got me a blickmann conical as an early birthday present. Since I can pressurize if to transfer the beer, has anyone hooked it up to the dispensing side of a cornie ( no splashing? ) to fill it. Anyone tried this? Seems like a better idea and less exposer to air than having the transfer hosing feeding through the "lid" opening of the cornie and resting inside. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but would love the advice from the more experienced among us.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 978 Times on 798 Posts

I say if that would work, definitely go for it...

Cheers!

Old 03-04-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
rawlus
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 11

This is easily done and preferred. You can purge the corny with co2 before the transfer as well..l. Since the conical is at a height and the corny will be below it, racking can be done with gravity as well. I transfer from corny to corny all the time with this method, I have a jumper hose with mfl fittings on both ends, screw on two liquid disconnects and attach to the liquid out posts of both kegs, gentle, splash-free transfer. You will have to occasionally release back pressure on the corny by popping the gas bleeder valve on he lid every once in awhile, otherwise the flow will stop when the head pressure equalizes with the liquid pressure.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #4
Berniep
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

when I go from one cornie to another I do it from out to out. Like you said no splashing and not open to the air.

Quick Reply