Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Fermentation/Homebrew/Commercial... One Freezer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Craig311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Fermentation/Homebrew/Commercial... One Freezer

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first kegging equipment order... A basic 2 ball lock keg setup with picnic taps, a dual regulator, and 5lb tank from keg connection.com.

I have a small 5cf GE chest freezer with a Johnson analog temp controller that I have been using for fermentation temp control (then bottling). Unfortunately, this is all I have and there is no convincing SWMBO that I need another chest freezer or kegerator in the near future (we are in the process of selling our house/moving so I don't blame her). So... my fermentation freezer is going to have to be my keezer as well for a while.

I know there are going to be challenges with fermentation vs. serving temps and don't think I can get around that issue. I may have to compromise one way or the other.

I guess my real question is around serving homebrew and commercial at the same time. Can I stuff a ball lock keg of homebrew and a 5g sanke keg of commercial beer in this freezer (and have the other empty keg available for whatever I am brewing) and make it work? Is there a "homebrew to sanke converter" available?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
BreezyBrew
Fully Fermented.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 151 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 57

http://loveofalpha.blogspot.com/2007...s-to-work.html This is about all I have found. I have seen breweries use 5 gal sanke kegs specially made for them.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Craig311
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

If anyone else is interested, I spoke with Ben at kegconnection.com today and he directed me toward this product on their site...

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=64

Quick Reply