Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > EZ cap bottle question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
NorEaster12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default EZ cap bottle question

I don't know if anyone knows about these EZ-cap bottles or not (basically grolsch style swing tops). I got them from my dad and he got them years ago.
My question is whether or not all the bottles are acceptable to bottle in, I know the smaller ones are but I've got this larger one (maybe 2L, not sure) It seems as far as I can tell to have the same thickness of glass all the way through but my dad's pretty sure it it had barbeque sauce in so he doesn't think it's pressure safe.

So, HBT'ers any insights or should I just try it and hope its not a bottle bomb?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2010, 01:57 AM   #2
llazy_llama
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 27 Posts

They work fine, and many homebrewers use them (and have used them for a LONG time). If they've been sitting around for a while unused, I would recommend you swap out the gaskets before use. If your LHBS doesn't carry them, look around at some of the online homebrew stores. They're out there, and they're pretty cheap.

BTW, if you got those bottles for free, good score!

Old 03-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
Beernik
Recipes 

Liked 260 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 19

2 liter ones are great for taking to a party.

On deck: Barleywine, Belgain Golden Ale, Hazelnut Sweet Stout, IRA, Wit, Uinta Hazel Clone, Uinta Yard Sale Clone.

Quick Reply