Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > External kegerator tap cleaning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 08:52 PM   #1
UTDoug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default External kegerator tap cleaning

I've had a kegerator w/ 6' pony taps that I leave inside the kegerator. I think it would be kind of slick to have a tower or some taps in the door, but I don't want to have anything else to clean ... too much sanitation in brewing as it is! I like being able to throw the picnic/pony taps in the fridge and not worry about them - how much extra cleaning is involved with external taps?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
gnef
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

go for forward seal faucets, and you shouldn't really have to clean them. i don't. haha.

Walk-In Serving(14): Oatmeal Stout, Hard Cider, Belgian Tripel, Liquid Stupid, Belgian Dark Strong, Red Bull, Rye IPA, Double IPA, Imperial Stout, Irish Red, Scottish 70/-, Belgian Wit, Nut Brown, Traditional Mead
Walk-In Cold Storage(~50): Cysers, Braggot, Melomels, Ciders, Traditional Meads, Persimmon wines, Dry Stout, barleywine, cream ale, sodas, Chocolate stout, milk stout, and others I can't recall.
Fermenters (0): Nothing current.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 AM   #3
UTDoug
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How often do you draw a pint? I usually have one with dinner and use more frequently with company. I would think that could make a difference.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
johnsma22

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts

A quick spray of Star-San up into your forward sealing faucet (Perlick, Shirron) after each serving session will keep it squeeky clean for the life of the keg. I only remove them from the shanks to clean them after a keg kicks.

Quick Reply