Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Easy way to change from pin lock to ball lock connector?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
duganderson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Easy way to change from pin lock to ball lock connector?

Is there an easy/quick way to change the connection from my CO2 tank from ball lock to pin lock and pin lock to ball lock? Any pictures appreciated?

I'm considering buying pin lock kegs but want to still use my ball lock connection for my carbonator cap.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Just have all your fittings flare. Get the mfl QD instead of barb QD and you can swap it out easy. Everything of mine is flare for that reason

Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
mh-brews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You can also buy adapters to convert from pin lock to ball lock. They go on the posts of the keg

find us on face book MH-BREWS

Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
skylor60
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

why not just buy ball lock since your going to buy in the first place that way nothing needs to be changed

Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #5
gnef
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I am transitioning to using John Guest fittings (push-to-connect) for both beerline and gas line. US Plastics has a 1/4'' flare to 3/8" OD tubing connector, so I use that on my QD's, and I can just push the collar to change the fitting, rather than using a wrench.

I am also working to transition my manifolds to use the same type of fitting so that eventually all my connections will use the John Guest fitting to make changing things and moving things around easier and I don't have to worry about clamps (except for check valves on the gas line).

Walk-In Serving(14): Oatmeal Stout, Hard Cider, Belgian Tripel, Liquid Stupid, Belgian Dark Strong, Red Bull, Rye IPA, Double IPA, Imperial Stout, Irish Red, Scottish 70/-, Belgian Wit, Nut Brown, Traditional Mead
Walk-In Cold Storage(~50): Cysers, Braggot, Melomels, Ciders, Traditional Meads, Persimmon wines, Dry Stout, barleywine, cream ale, sodas, Chocolate stout, milk stout, and others I can't recall.
Fermenters (0): Nothing current.

Quick Reply