*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Dual/Single regulator and taprite vs. standard

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Kaz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Dual/Single regulator and taprite vs. standard

Hellooo...I'm looking to add a keg system this Christmas to my wish list. In looking at what keg connections has to offer, I see I can get a standard 2 keg set with a dual regulator or I can get a 2 keg set up with a single taprite regulator....which would you go with given the choices...a dual standard regulator or the single taprite? I'll most likely be keeping these in a full size side by side fridge/freezer for the near future with just the picnic faucets. TIA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It depends. If you're trying to save money, you can get by with a single regulator and just use a splitter to carb and serve multiple kegs. If money doesn't matter, it's nice having the additional regulator to dial in each keg to it's specific psi.

I use a single regulator in both of my kegerators, and the only reason I'm wanting a dual at this point is because I have a root beer on tap that needs 30psi and because of that, I can't use my other two taps.

If you don't intend on serving a lot of highly carbonated belgians or sodas, then there's no need for a dual.

The other reason a lot of people go with a dual is because they want to serve one keg and carbonate another keg with the 30psi method. This involves blasting the beer with 30psi for a day or two and expecting it to be perfectly carbonated. I think this method is a waste of time and only creates overcarbonated beer most of the time. If you use the set it and forget it method, then you don't need a dual regulator for carbonation.

Another HERMS rig...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply