Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Dual Product Regulator release valve Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
time2trade
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Dual Product Regulator release valve Problem

Just bought a dual product regulator. Attached to my CO2 tank, tightened everything up/ clamped all my connections tightly. Turned on the tank and the CO2 seems to just blow out of the second pressure release valve (furthest from tank).

I assumed the regulator was pretty straight forward, but besides concluding that I got a regulator with a bum valve, what steps can I take to prevent / remedy this if any? I pulled on it to see if it was stuck, but it springs back into place. I double checked all my connections and tightened them as much as I could.

I attached a couple of pics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It feels like something straight forward i'm missing that a noob would do, such as myself...

Bheers!

regulator2.jpg   regulator1.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
carlisle_bob
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Hi

The relief valve just unscrews from the regulator body. There may be something simple wrong like a chunk of crud in the seal.

Bob

Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
thargrav
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There may be something trapped in the valve or the seal inside might be damaged.

And BTW, good luck with this one - looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff.

I suggest returning it.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
suprabrew
Recipes 

I had the same problem with the same reg when I gassed it up not hooked to a keg when I hook the keg up to that line it stopped and there are no leaks anywhere else

Quick Reply