Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Driving with freshly bottled brews?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
buggawugga
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Driving with freshly bottled brews?

Hi all, I have a bit of a dilemma and I thought I'd tap the collective knowledge for a little bit of advice...

I'll be moving across the country in August and we'll be taking a 2 week road trip in our van and a U-Haul trailer. The place I'm moving to doesn't seem to have any readily available access to homebrewing supplies and I really want to make some brews with seasonal fruit and herbs, which means I'll need to brew before I leave. I figure the brews will be freshly in bottles, or a week or so into the conditioning when we leave.

The van and the trailer will be pretty warm in places as we drive across, and the bottles will be well packaged but of course they're going to be bumping up and down rather than sitting quietly and coolly on a shelf. Is this a recipe for disaster, or will it be less than ideal but ultimately okay??

Thanks all!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
demonrichie
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

should be. i havent ddone it but ive heard of ppl travelin with homebrews wit no problems all the time n brews sometimes ship around the world so a road trip shouldnt be that strenuous. if youre worried about heat have it in a vehicle wit AC if possible if not you should be alrite neways

Old 08-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
devilishprune
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Yeah do you ride in a car with no AC? You should take that into consideration. Either way, it'll be fine. Some people swirl up the bottles as they condition anyway, so you have nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

Quick Reply