Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Dripping Faucet.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
novahokie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Dripping Faucet.

Just completed my Kegerator but now I have the leaky dripping faucet problem. Some times it leaks, some times it doesn't. But there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the dripping. You can even see the bubbles floating up to the shank. I'm assuming that I have a problem with the faucet, valve not closing properly or something. This is a brand new faucet so is there anything I can do to fix it or should I return and get a new one?

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
brewjunky
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

return and get a new one.

Restoring the seals is something you shouldn't have to do if this is new

Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
RJF16
Recipes 

I too just finished a kegerator. One of my faucets had a small leak. So, I decided to follow Perlick's directions like I should have from the start. Prior to using the faucet, Perlick recommends taking their faucet apart, soaking everything in beer line cleaner, rinsing then putting everything back together.

Much to my surprise, the leaky faucet had a bearing cup installed upside down which, when installed properly, fixed the leak. Consider taking the faucet apart to make sure everything is installed correctly.

Quick Reply