The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Dried Tri-Sodium Phosphate on Bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
yournotpeter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Dried Tri-Sodium Phosphate on Bottles

Hello all -

I soaked some old bottles in Tri-Sodium Phosphate/water to clean, but left them in too long (like a week). Now the bottles have dried TSP on them and will not come off (re-soaked in TSP and again in OxyClean - no luck).

Any ideas on how to get this dried TSP off? I'm concerned because it's inside the bottles as well.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 598 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Try something acidic like Star San or a vinegar solution.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2708 Times on 1627 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

you could try a weak acid, like dilluted starsan, or water vinegar, or water and lemon juice...we often use that to get rid of oxyclean residue...don't know if it would with tsp....but it's worth a try. Just do it with one bottle and see.

Then rinse thoroughly, of course.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply